We have some more information about the future home of the New York Islanders (NHL) under construction, as new Belmont Park Arena renderings and details are announced.
That the new arena would embrace the history of the Belmont Park site is not a surprise: that had been made clear when the first site plans were released. But this new master entrance goes a step beyond and adds more bold racetrack graphics to the mix.
As with any new arena, there will be an emphasis on social spaces. This rendering clearly not reflect the current best practices for social distances; the hope is that we’ll be back to some level of normalcy by the time the arena opens.
The Belmont Park Arena renderings also include a sharp-looking bowl.
- 17,000-seat arena built for Islanders hockey (19,000 seats for music)
- Highest resolution scoreboard in New York
- New LIRR station with direct service to Manhattan (Grand Central Terminal and Penn Station) and plenty of parking
- Two outdoor terraces open to all guests
- Eight bars with views of the ice
- More restrooms per person than any arena in metro NY
- Unique premium offerings like the Spotlight Club, where guests will have views of the team tunnel and see players going on and off of the ice
- Safe standing section
- State of the art team training facility
The new arena is set to open for the 2021-2022 season.
RELATED STORIES: With no NHL or concerts, Nassau Coliseum shuttered; Islanders to Play 2020-21 Season at Nassau Coliseum; Nassau County Exec: Islanders Should Play at Coliseum All Next Season; Judge Denies Request to Stop Islanders Arena Construction; Belmont Park Arena Backers Seek to Dismiss Lawsuit; Tech a Major Part of New Islanders Arena Planning; Groundbreaking Marks Beginning of New Islanders Arena Construction; Floral Park Sues Over Belmont Park Arena Project; New York Islanders Arena Project Earns Final State Approvals; State Board Approves Belmont Park Arena Project; Islanders Belmont Park Arena Proposal Up for Approval Thursday; Islanders Arena Plan Moves Forward; Ledecky: Belmont Park Arena Groundbreaking Expected This Summer; Bettman Anticipates Islanders’ Arena Groundbreaking in Coming Months