Billed as one of the most technologically advanced venues ever built, San Antonio’s $70-million Tech Port Center + Arena is now open and hosting concerts, eSports tourneys and other gatherings.
Managed by ASM Global, the 180,000-square-foot multipurpose technology arena and interior gaming event space is set ti host eSports competitions, conventions, conferences, concerts and more. Opening with a Smashing Pumpkins concert, Tech Port Center + Arena has a capacity of around 3,200 for concerts and more for other gatherings.
“A first-class AV technology system is critical to the guest experience at Tech Port Center + Arena, and the AJP team has done a tremendous job supporting its design, which will provide guests with booming sights and sounds the second they enter the arena,” said Tech Port Center + Arena General Manager Eric Blockie via press release. “San Antonio is a city on the forefront of technology and with AJP’s guidance, creativity and design concept, Tech Port Center is primed to become, not only the area’s top high-tech venue, but one of the best in the world.”
Owner’s Representative on the $5.2-million AV technology was Anthony James Partners (AJP), with services including Design, Financial Modeling, Bid Management and Negotiations, Construction Administration and Commissioning.
AV Technology Highlights include:
- Exterior LED Displays: High-impact exterior LED Displays for messaging, wayfinding, advertising, branding, and sponsorships. All LED content controlled by a unified management platform
- Exterior Corner LED Display is 10mm @ 11.7’ x 20’ with aspect ratio of 360 x 608
- Box Office LED Display is 4mm @ 7.5’ x 13.9’ with aspect ratio of 576 x 1088
- Event Center Ribbon LED Displays (2) 10mm @ 3.5’ x 111.3’ with aspect ratio of 96 x 3392
- Walk-up LED Video Displays (2) double sided 3mm @ 9.9’ x 5’ with aspect ratio of 1032 x 516
- Arena LED Display System: Flexible rigging layout for the LED displays that are configured to be removable and repositionable
- Three separate high-definition LED displays on chain hoists that can be configured into one large display or angled sideways to face different sections of audience
- Arena secondary screens (2) are 4mm @ 13.2’x 2625.2’ each with aspect ratio 1024 x 2048
- LAN Gaming Center
- 60 LAN Gaming stations – each with 1G links to access switches with 40G links to core
- 12 Arena Gaming stations with 10G fiber links to access switch and 40G links to core
- IPTV system for signage, FB menus, CATV channels, and broadcast production feeds
- 74 monitors in venue under the control via UCView CMS Signage Software
- Production Studio with a Combined Technical Operations Center / Control Room
- Full broadcast production facility using traditional and NDI signal flow
- Full broadcast cabling package throughout
- Full DMX control of Exhibit Hall entertainment lighting
- Floor Monitors, Cameras, Audio for Broadcast/Production
- Broadcast truck parking with TVRP and truck power / Connections to transmission companies (The Switch, CenturyLink, AT&T, etc.) provided at the TV Truck Dock
- Network / Wi-Fi
- 5G Cellular DAS, high-density Wi-Fi. Broadcast network with NDI transport
- Physical network is 40G redundant links from core to edge
- Dark single mode fiber throughout facility for portable gaming show rig deployment
- Dark Cat6 cabling between IDF and gaming areas
- IDF and MDF space and power allocations for portable gaming show rig deployment
- High density Wi-Fi throughout with perimeter coverage
Photo by Sergio Flores.