Memorial Stadium will be the site of hockey action on January 7, 2017, when the Bakersfield Condors host the Ontario Reign in the Condorstown Outdoor Classic.
The event will at Bakersfield College’s Memorial Stadium will cap a three-week long Winterfest. The Condors have released information about Winterfest, as well as the Condorstown Outdoor Classic.
- Event will run from Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2016 thru Saturday, Jan. 7, 2017
- Attractions will include public outdoor ice skating, youth and adult hockey tournaments, a 220-ft zip line, winter activities, live music, obstacle courses, kids play area, food and beverage vendors, and more
- Expected to have a $5 million economic impact on the City of Bakersfield
- Two rinks, one regulation size and one smaller “studio” rink, will be setup and managed by Rink Specialists who have managed previous outdoor projects including Frozen Fenway at Fenway Park, Toledo Winterfest at Fifth Third Field, Golden State Hockey Rush in Sacramento, and the Hockeytown Winter Festival at Comerica Park
ABOUT MEMORIAL STADIUM
- Home of the Bakersfield College Renegades football team
- Capacity: 19,000
- Opened in 1955
- “This is going to be a can’t miss spectacle,” said Condors Team President Matthew Riley. “We cannot thank our partners at Three-Way Chevrolet, Mission Bank, and Bakersfield College enough for believing in this project. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the City of Bakersfield to experience all of the fun and excitement outdoors for nearly three weeks.”
- “AHL fans throughout California proved last year that they are dedicated and passionate about our sport,” said David Andrews, AHL President and Chief Executive Officer. “This event will be a great celebration of hockey in a unique atmosphere, and we look forward in sharing in the excitement with all of Condorstown in January.”
- “Three-Way Chevrolet, celebrating 60 years as Bakersfield’s hometown dealership, is very proud to participate with the Condors and other partners in bringing our community an opportunity to enjoy, in person, professional hockey in its purest form,” said Three-Way Chevrolet President Ted Nicholas. “Growing up playing on frozen ponds are some of the best memories for those of us who grew up lacing our skates every winter. We are very excited to be part of this historic event in Condorstown and encourage everyone to bring the family out and take part in the festivities.”
- The Bakersfield College Memorial Stadium was built in 1956 with the grand vision of bringing the community together — creating extraordinary occasions. The Condors playing ice hockey, outdoors, in this signature venue, is one such occasion, a must-see event,” said President Sonya Christian. “and because of the collaboration of our partners, the international spotlight will shine bright on our community.”
- The official hub for Winterfest is www.bakersfieldcondors.com/classic
- Full Condors members receive a ticket to the Three-Way Chevrolet Condorstown Outdoor Classic as part of their membership and will receive e-mail instructions later today on how to upgrade and/or purchase additional seating to the game
- Click here to view the seating diagram
This will the ninth outdoor game in AHL history, and will be the first that the Condors have played in since 2015, when they faced Stockton at Sacramento’s Raley Field.