AEG unveiled details for a nine-figure investment in capital improvements and property-wide Crypto.com Arena upgrades, set to be completed fall 2024, with several of the improvements being introduced to fans in time for the 2022-2023 NBA and NHL seasons.
The arena is home to the Los Angeles Lakers (NBA), Sparks (WNBA) and Kings (NHL), as well as high-profile events and concerts. The renovations will touch on all aspects of the venue, entry and L.A. LIVE’s Xbox Plaza, launched earlier this summer. The arena will remain open during all phases of the renovation. The arena’s design and renovations will be overseen by the original architects, Dan Meis and Ron Turner, both of whom have spent the last two decades redefining multi-purpose sports and live entertainment experiences.
The extensive renovations to Crypto.com Arena will include:
- A reimagined City View Terrace (shown at the top of this page) with flexible indoor-outdoor dining and entertainment experiences where fans can eat, drink and socialize while overlooking the expansive downtown Los Angeles skyline to the north and the arena bowl to the south.
- The development of Crypto.com Arena’s first-ever multi-level Tunnel Club, featuring new hospitality spaces and an exclusive Event Level viewing experience offering select season ticket members and other VIP guests a personal backstage window to watch players and performers as they enter and exit their locker rooms.
- An expanded and reimagined Chairman’s Club that will offer select season ticket members and VIP guests with new benefits and experiences at Crypto.com Arena’s most private and sought-after location before, during, and after events.
- The creation of the arena’s first-ever Main Concourse suites that will provide guests with premium seating’s closest view of the action on the court, ice or stage.
- The installation of two new LED screens and ribbon boards visible to the upper and lower bowl seating areas.
- A redesigned and upgraded Impact Sports Bar & Grill on the Main Concourse that will include new food and beverage menus.
- Improvements to the Main Concourse marked by an entirely new arrival experience, as well as upgrades to the Upper-Level Concourse including new food offerings, among other fan amenities.
- A redesign of the dining areas in the Yaamava’ and Lexus Clubs, as well as other hospitality spaces.
- A refresh of the arena’s Premium and Suite Level Entrances, Concourses throughout the venue as well as the locker rooms of the Kings, Lakers and Sparks.
“For the past two decades, the Lakers and AEG have shared a vision of providing a premier experience to every guest who enters Crypto.com Arena and L.A. LIVE’s Xbox Plaza,” said Tim Harris, President of Business Operations, Los Angeles Lakers, via press release. “Competing nightly in front of the most passionate fans in the NBA inside one of the most iconic venues in the world is something our organization is incredibly proud of. This investment into expansive improvements and upgrades cements Los Angeles’ downtown arena as the pinnacle of entertainment for decades to come.”
“Enhancing and moving forward the fan experience at LA Kings games is something we consistently work to accomplish,” said Kelly Cheeseman, COO, AEG Sports, via press release. “This comprehensive and wide-ranging project is the most significant re-imagining of our home in the history of our arena. The upgrades will not only improve everybody’s experience, but it will also provide a new life and energy into our arena beginning this fall. When completed, we will have worked from floor to ceiling to enhance every fan’s overall experience. We are excited about what this project will bring to the 18000+ proud Kings fans we see at each game.”