- With the Heat moving from Abbotsford, B.C., to Glens Falls, N.Y., the team will play in the North Division
- With the Phantoms relocating from Glens Falls, N.Y. to Allentown, Pa., the team will play in the East Division
- Syracuse is moving from the East Division to the Northeast Division
- Lake Erie is moving from the North Division to the Midwest Division
- Iowa is moving from the Midwest Division to the West Division
Of course, West Division is a misnomer: it’s really more of a Southern/Midwest Division, featuring teams in Texas, North Carolina and Iowa.
The format for the 2015 Calder Cup Playoffs has also been approved by the Board of Governors and remains the same as 2014: Eight teams in each conference will qualify for the postseason, with the three division winners earning the top three seeds and the next five best teams in order of regular-season points seeded fourth through eighth. The conference quarterfinals will be best-of-five series; the conference semifinals, conference finals and Calder Cup Finals will be best-of-seven series. Teams will be re-ordered after the first round so that the highest-remaining seed plays the lowest-remaining seed.
The playing schedule for the 2014-15 regular season, which begins Oct. 10, will be announced later this summer.